- Welcome to Soho, New York! Drop off your bags at our favorite boutique hotel in the neighborhood, The Mercer Hotel and let's start exploring!
- The Mercer Hotel was built in 1890 and is on the New York Landmark Preservation Commission - but has any modern amenity you would want.
- While checking in, don't forget to speak to the concierge and make dinner reservations for tonight at the Mercer Kitchen they have the best comfort food - the burger is great and don't forget the mac and cheese!
- Ask what is happening at the Public Theater and what's playing at Angelika, the neighborhood art house movie theater - you never know what you could see!
- Le Mercerie is a ten minute walk from the hotel and is a great place to grab lunch - the smoked salmon is amazing!
- Shopping in Soho is fabulous - see what’s happening in the beauty world - within just a few blocks you can visit the clean stuff at Beautycounter the cool girls stop at Glossier and end up at Goop Lab for more clean beauty and wellness tips.
- Stop by Westbourne for a coffee - it is a great place to catch up with friends.
- There are shops on every block of the neighborhood - from high-end designers, to names you would see at the mall, there is something for everyone!
- After an afternoon of shopping, nothing sounds better than cocktails! It’s happy hour and there are many options - we love The Blond with friends or if you are going solo try Le Coucou- the space is beautiful.
- After drinks, stop by the MOMA shop before dinner at Mercer Kitchen. The MOMA Shop has a great selection of gifts for the art lover in your life.
- The restaurant is always buzzing at Mercer Kitchen - the energy is so fun and the food so delicious!
- While the Library at the Mercer is a great place for an after-dinner drink, if you are looking to step back outside there’s nothing like a nightcap at Bathalzar. This French brasserie has been a landmark in Soho for years and is always busy. Grab a seat at the bar and order yourself one last drink before calling it a night.
- Rise and Shine! Soho is amazing in the morning - its so quiet! Take advantage of it and grab breakfast at one of these great choices - Sant Ambrose, Jack's Wife Freda or grab a quick bite before shopping again at Chobani Cafe.
- It’s checkout time at the Mercer Hotel - don’t forget to leave a tip for the housekeepers and tip the bellman too.
- We hope you enjoyed your stay at our favorite boutique hotel in Soho and see you soon at one of our other favorite places from Hotel Beauty Box!
Join the crew at
Weekly updates on self-care, wanderlust and boutique hotel life.
Hotel Beauty Box - Room Service.....Delivered